Become a Member Today
Don’t just sit back and wait for things to happen: join the team that keeps in constant contact with the terminals and port facilities, developing solutions to the problems that we face on a daily basis. Added benefits of Association membership:
- Daily port reports and terminal updates
- A strong advocate always working to represent you and your business
- Eligibility for College Scholarship Program
- Free monthly newsletter
The Valuable Benefits of Association Membership
The Association of Bi-State Motor Carriers works tirelessly for its members, representing their interests and advocating on their behalf in matters that impact the ongoing success of intermodal transportation. We actively work to provide our membership with a strong voice in the Port Community, and to improve public perception of our industry. Here are some of the contributions we’ve made over the years, and ways that we continue to represent our members:
- Helped develop the “Paperless Delivery Method” for containers
- Assisted in creating the SEALINK system providing one Portwide ID system to access all port terminals
- Advanced legislation leading to implementation of axle weight violations being issued to shippers/consignees for sealed ocean containers
- Working to reduce turn times in the port
- Encouraging an open dialogue and exchange of ideas in the Port Community across the U.S.
- We are advocating for added gate hours, offering ideas to improve turn times with reimbursement for delays, and promoting legislation to ensure that only safe, roadworthy equipment is put into service on public roadways.